In India, one in 10 couple is infertile. According to the centers for disease control, nearly about 30% of the time it is contributed by men, 30% of the time it is linked with female, and in the remaining cases the infertility is due to combination of factors from both the partners. For approximately, 20% of the couples, the cause is unknown. Female reproductive system is much more complex and plays an important role in child-bearing than men, as they are responsible for producing eggs, transporting the embryo to the uterus through the fallopian tube and nurturing the embryo in the uterus.
- a history of STDs or health problems that can cause hormonal changes
- age — being older than 35
- being overweight or underweight
- chemotherapy or radiation treatment for cancer
- environmental toxins, like lead and pesticides
- excessive drug or alcohol use
- poor diet